At The Junk Guys, our focus is on landfill diversion. Whenever unwanted debris can be recycled we make every effort to do so.
Have you ever seen someone throw a plastic bottle into the trash bin? We are the kind of company that would pick that plastic bottle out of the trash and put it in the recycle because it’s the right thing to do.
A lot of us try our best to recycle responsibly but the bottom line is that if it doesn’t pay, saves money, or is convenient to recycle whichever product it is it doesn’t happen. We do it anyway.
We charge a small 3% environmental levy to assist in our efforts to recycle responsibly. Edmontonians discarded just with our company alone over 1000 propane bbq tanks in 2019.
We put in the time and effort to make sure every component was recycled. Everyone on our team has kids and we’re committed to doing our part to try make the future better for them, doing what we do.
Last year our recycling efforts resulted in:
- Over 15000 lbs metal recycled
- 2600 lbs of clothing donated to local charities
- 1100 lbs of non-perishable food saved from tenant abandonments donated to charities
- 34000 lbs of tires recycled
We minimize your waste.
- We segregate all the recyclable items such as metal, wood, plastics, electronics and dispose of at dedicated recycling facilities.
- Our truck team minimizes waste that absolutely must go to the landfill.
- We employ a team of refurbishers to re-purpose lightly used or damaged items.
- Often reusable items are donated to local charitable