How to prepare your garage for demolition
If you are planning to demolish your garage, there are a few things you need to do in order to prepare it. You don’t want to just start tearing it down without any preparation because that could cause problems. Read on for our guide on how to prepare your garage for demolition.
Clean Out Your Garage
1. Remove all items from the garage. This includes any cars, tools, boxes, or other belongings. Basically, anything that you don’t want to get destroyed should be removed from the premises.
The Junk Guys can help you with this step and will even haul away any junk you don’t want. We can help you get your garage cleaned up quickly and even recycle your unwanted junk.
Disconnect The Utilities
2. Disconnect any utilities that are running to the garage. This includes things like water, gas, and electricity. You don’t want to accidentally leave these on and cause damage or injury. Make sure that you leave this part to the professionals
Practice Safe Demolition Protocol
3. Support the structure. If the garage is attached to your house, you will need to support the structure so that it doesn’t collapse and damage your home. To make sure that you are going to demolish your garage safely, make sure to hire a professional.
Make Sure To Clear The Area
4. Make sure the area is clear. Once you have everything removed from the garage and the utilities are disconnected, you want to make sure that the area around the garage is clear. This includes removing any debris, such as branches or rocks, so that they don’t become a hazard during demolition.
Notify Your Neighbours
5. Notify your neighbors. If you live close to your neighbors, it is always polite to let them know that you will be demolishing your garage. This way, they can prepare for any noise or debris that might come their way. A quick courtesy call to your neighbors can go a long way.
Call A Professional Demolition Company
6. Call a professional demolition company. This is the most important step in preparing for garage demolition. You want to make sure that you hire a company that is experienced and has all of the proper equipment. A professional company will know how to safely demolish your garage so that there are no accidents or injuries.
By following these simple tips, you can prepare your garage for demolition quickly and easily. It’s important that you take the necessary precautions to avoid any accidents or damage.
Now that you know how to prepare your garage for demolition, it’s time to get started. Call The Junk Guys for garage demolition services in Edmonton, Alberta. We are a professional company that can handle any size job, big or small. We have the experience and equipment to get the job done right.
For more information about our services, or to schedule a free estimate, give us a call today. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for all of your garage demolition needs. We are here to help!